Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Things are good here in the 'hood!


"Things are good here in the hood! I only heard four gunshots this week. It's the middle of the summer vacations here so a lot of people are out of town. So, we're a little bit more sunburned than normal. But, at least I look a little less gringa! It is seriously so hot!

When I got to this sector they only had one sept of investigators that they were teaching, Erik and Eliana, and they just so happen to be out of town this week with the rest of the work. So, we've been visiting menos activos and conversos recientes all week. Hopefully, we'll have some more luck finding people to teach this week.

My companion and I get along great. She's so sweet. I've been so blessed in the mission with great companions. But, Hermana Vindas has already bee in this sector for 4 changes, so she'll probably be leaving this change :( We share our sector with a set of Elders--Elders Gomez, from Argentina, and Elder Allison, from California. They are super fun. We all get along really well and work well together. It's nice to share a sector with Elders who like to work, but aren't uptight.

Things are good. The days fly by like minutes. It scares me. I can't believe it's Monday already. I feel like I just emailed yesterday!"

No comments:

Post a Comment