Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Transfers!

"I hate transfers. It breaks my heart every time. Anyway, I have been transferred to a sector called Cordillera, which is in Puente Alto, or the southern part of Santiago. And it is GHETTO! It is the most ghetto sector in the mission for Hermanas. The Hermana whose spot I took here told me that it's not unusual to hear gunshots while teaching a lesson. No big deal...

My new companion is named Hermana Vindas. She is from Costa Rica and really sweet. I think we'll get along just fine. We live with two other Hermanas, but they correspond to a different sector, and we share our sector with a set of elders. It seems like there is a lot of work to do. My first priority is to track down the Bishop and meet the ward mission leader.

Other than that things are pretty normal. We've been experiencing a lot of little earthquakes lately and they have been stronger and more consecutive than normal. We've had about 4 or 5 this week. They say that this is exactly what happened two years ago with the big earthquake. So, we'll see what happens."

No comments:

Post a Comment