Thursday, March 1, 2012

February in Santiago


"This week I was asked to play the piano for a special musical number for a three stake fireside that Elder Richards (of the Seventy and the Area Presidency of Chile) was doing with the youth. I don't know how people find out I play...I don't think I've played the piano once since being in this ward. Anyway, we spent a lot of time in rehearsal this week. A group of youth sang the EFY Medley and it turned out really well. The meeting was wonderful. Elder Garcia (from the Seventy) and his wife were there along with Elder Richards and his wife and they all spoke. Every talk was wonderful!

We've started teaching a girl named Scarlet. Her dad is an active member of our ward and her mom is an inactive member who now says she's Catholic. Scarlet is 13 and an atheist...which makes it difficult. But, she's a great kid. She has a little brother that is almost 12 that is listening to us as well. They are such a fun family and I feel like they have great potential. I just don't know how to help her gain a testimony when she doesn't even believe in God. I feel like I've always had a testimony, so I have no idea what it's like to start from scratch."

No comments:

Post a Comment